Useful websites for advice and support about apps:
- If you would like to find out more about the apps children are using, the NSPCC has a guide with information about Instagram, YouTube and many more: www.net-aware.org.uk
- See parentalcontrols-on.org.uk if you want to set up parental controls on any of the internet connected devices you own.
- Not sure about the age ratings on a game? Visit www.pegi.info
- Worried about grooming or child sexual exploitation? CEOP have a great educational site with a section for parents at www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- The UK Safer Internet Centre has lots of helpful advice www.saferinternet.org.uk
- For Childnet's resources including the free Facebook flyers and Twitter and Snapchat guides see www.childnet.com
- Internet Matters - a guide for the age group 0-5.
- Net-aware has good advice on safely using specific apps like TikTok.
- Thinkuknow includes some child friendly videos to share with your family.
Please talk to a teacher if you would like further help or advice.
There are some useful, easy read documents below that cover a variety of issues related to online safety.