World Bee Day
Today was World Bee Day! All the children were busy bees taking part in a variety of activities throughout the morning, they:
- Watched clips all about bees.
- Made a bee – In KS1 the children used tissue paper to college a bee and in EYFS the children made a bee out of a paper plate and decorated some honeycomb with bubble wrap.
- Took part in a waggle dance - this is a dance the bees do when they find a tasty flower.
- Enjoyed the product of the bee’s hard work, by tasting different types of honey on bread.
- In KS1, the children learnt about the process of making honey, from the flower to the jar.